Re: Upgrading to Core2 from CD's

Radek Zajkowski wrote:

A bit of a lazy question,

If I was to boot my Fedora box from a Core2 set CD, would the installer know
that I am upgrading and would it do it in an elegant fashion?

It will look for FC systems on your harddrive and offer to upgrade them. It will also provide a choice to do a fresh install. I don't know what you mean by "elegant", but it will normally do a good job of updating your current system files and apps. There could be hitches due to different configuration files for your current KDE/Gnome setup, but hese shouldn't be serious.

Gerry