Re: multiple ip's?

Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

At Tue, 18 May 2004 it looks like rolf-list triculture com composed:

Michael -

the best way to do it is as follows

cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
#change to the directory where the ifconfig scripts are held

cp ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth0:1
#copy ifcfg-eth0(configuration file for eth0) to ifcfg-eth0:1(first alias)

Hmm, I know on Solaris the first alias starts at :1 but I recall doing my first alias for Linux on eth0:0, is that still the case currently?

AFAIK yes, you can use up to 256 aliases (or eth0:0 to eth0:255) on each physical interface.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076