FC1 install disk kernel

I have a strange problem with FC1 - on startup, pcmcia hangs because of a
BIOS IRQ problem. As I understand things, the BIOS is at fault, Fedora can't
work around it, and alas this BIOS doesn't give me IRQ remapping options.

However, the kernel from the install disk did not have this problem, and
initialized pcmcia correctly. Is there an rpm which can give me this kernel,
and failing that, does it work to just suck it (and initrd presumably) off
the install disk?

TIA,
Mark L.