FC2 and Java deadlock

I just installed FC2 with a clean install. It has dead-locked on me about 5 times now, and I'm not sure how to fix the problem. It always happens when I'm running a Java application (Netbeans or JBoss). I have installed the latest Java SDK (J2SE 1.4.2_04). Is anyone else having this problem? Are there any known issues with Java and FC2? Any ideas how I can get to the root of the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Brant