How to install from hard drive..alternate method?

Hello all,

When FC1 came about, I used a floppy and installed it from my isos
on my hard drive, located in /home/temp.

Apparently, you can't install from floppy anymore. And teh GRUB install
thing scares me to death. Is there a better way? Nah, can't burn CDs.

E-mail: gilbert niu edu                                               ***