Re: Odd tcp dump? was: ssh working with dialup, not through router

M. Fioretti wrote:

2.
tcp_ecn - problem ?

# sysctl -a | grep ecn
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0

Same result here

The recommended solutions require to turn off ECN support

sysctl and /etc/sysctl.conf
(Add net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0 to sysctl.conf)

This is not present in my /etc/sysctl.conf file.

you do not need it

Do I only have to add
it to the end? And does it require reboot (I have other stuff running
here now)?

no, if you would change your sysctl.conf you need only as root

# sysctl -p

or an other way could be

# echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn