yum, bittorrent port configuration

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Wed May 19 03:14:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 07:02, Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > You Don't Need No Steenking redhat-config-securitylevel.
> >
> > Paste this magical incantation on to the end of /etc/rc.local, you can also
> > run it from the commandline so you won't have to reboot.
> >
> > /sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 6881:6889 -j ACCEPT
> >
> > - -Andy
> >

> Thanks Andy!
>
> I've just now run that line, and will keep an eye on the dl!

Clint,
  A more elegant way to save that iptables line is with iptables-save:
# /sbin/iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

Then use 'iptables -L' to check the rule was added.

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.