iiim problems in FC2

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Wed May 19 04:24:10 UTC 2004

> From: "ryuhei yokokawa" <ryuheixys at fastmail.fm>
> okay so if xim is removed that means that people like me who now
> uses special word libraries from xim input systems such as Wnn7 will
> no longer be able to use them?

For particularly for Wnn7, we actually have an IIIMF LE module for Wnn7.
Since there is a code partially developed by OMRON in addition to
the code we have a full controll, as of today, we could not opensource
the Wnn7 module.

My prefered options are:
   1) Wnn7 users to send a request to allow us to opensource Wnn7 module.
   2) Wnn7 users to send a request to allow us release Wnn7 module binary
      for free of charge.

> by the way turbo i think uses iiimf using Atok X a commercial input
> system.

Yes, TurboLinux uses IIIMF since TurboLinux 7. "TurboLinux 10 desktop"
comes with ATOKX(commercial IIIMF LE)module and "TurboLinux 10 desktop
basic" comes with IIIMF Canna module for Japanese LE.

--
hiura@{freestandards.org,OpenI18N.org,li18nux.org,unicode.org,sun.com}
Chair, OpenI18N.org/The Free Standards Group          http://www.OpenI18N.org