need help installing java in core-1

After following Thomas Chungs guide to installing jave [http://fedoranews.org/tchung/sunjava/], I find that java is not working on my system. Clearly something is missing. I'm guessing that somehow the paths aren't right at the least. I encounter |java: command not found | when using bash. The Mozilla plug-in is also not working. I've tried GooGling for help, but my results more or less advocate what is in T. Chungs guide.

Any help or tips on where to look for help would be most appreciative.

tia

russell