where to point my up2date after I upgrader from FC1 to FC2

Håkan Franzén hakan.franzen at oxelosund.se
Wed May 19 10:12:11 UTC 2004

This is how my source file for up2date look like after upgrade from FC1 to
FC2 (i upgraded using CDs)

soo I guess the line: yum fedora-core-1
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1
Should be something else now,,, but what ???

[root at allmine root]# cat /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

### this describes the various package repos up2date will look into
### for packages. It currently supports apt-rpm repos, yum repos,
### and "dir" repos

### format is one repo entry per line, # starts comments, the
### first word on each line is the type of repo.

### the defalt rhn (using "default" as the url means
### use the one in the up2date config file
#up2date default

### When a channel-label is required for the non up2date repo's,
### the label is soley used as an internal identifier and is not
### based on the url or any other info from the repo.

### an apt style repo, this time arjanv's 2.6 kernel repo
### format is:
### type  channel-label      service:server         path        repo name

#apt arjan-2.6-kernel-i386 http://people.redhat.com ~arjanv/2.5/ kernel

### Note that for apt repos, there can be multiple repo names specificed
### space seperated.

### an yum style repo
### format:
### type  channel-label     url

yum fedora-core-1 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1

yum updates-released
ftp://ftp.chl.chalmers.se/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/i386/

### an local directory full of packages
### format
#dir my-favorite-rpms-i386-9 /var/spool/RPMS/

# multiple versions of all repos except "up2date" can be used. Depenencies
# can be resolved "cross-repo" if need be.

"Nothing would please me more than being able
to hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market
with good software." -- Bill Gates 1976

....We are still waiting for good softwares from Bill Gates