Re: FC2 and Via Epia

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 11:32, Andreas Müller wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I have a problem to even boot the FC2 on my hardware (Via Epia M6000, 512MB
> Dram).
> FC2 just reboots the PC after (or while) loading the initrd.img. Doesnt
> matter if i try noprobe, nofb, graphical or text.

I could not install Test 3 on my EPIA-800 motherboard,
and had similar reboots.

I found I had errors in decompressing while RPMS were being installed,
as I got a command prompt up and looked at the install log in /tmp
I assumed this was a flaky hard drive.

I'll try again when I get the DVD of FC2 downloaded.