partition table

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed May 19 13:49:25 UTC 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:50:01 +1000, Colin Charles wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 02:41, dethcrush wrote:
> > Is core2 partition manager better than core1?
> > I had some serious problems with core1.
> > 1 Size Partions were inserted between the original
> > ones. Install couldn't find any data after that.
>
> How about giving it a go and telling us? Did you Bugzilla the "problem"
> you encountered with Core 1?

No need to. This is a difference in how various partitioning tools
calculate the partition boundaries. The boundaries calculated by GNU
Parted are considered more correct [and compatible with other platforms]
than those created by fdisk. Users with old partition tables see tiny
regions of free space between partitions. If this is considered a major
issue, recreate the partition table from scratch some day.