no install FC2

Mac mrmack1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 13:58:40 UTC 2004

--- Steve Searle <steve at stevesearle.com> wrote:
> Around 09:36am on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 (UK time),
> root scrawled:
>
> > I am sorry for my language, Russian. I can not
> understand I start to put
> > FC2 it loads initrd, but when it is necessary to
> load a nucleus into the
> > moment it overloads a computer.
>
> Could you explain "overloads a computer" more?
> Perhaps you can post the
> error messages or state the symptoms.
>
> Steve
>
> --
>
> (o<     www.stevesearle.com
> //\     Powered by Fedora Core
> V_/_    No MS products were used in the creation of
> this message
>
>  10:17am  up 15 days, 19:15,  1 user,  load average:
> 0.05, 0.07, 0.05
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
> --

I just attempted to upgrade from FC1 to FC2 and the
first time I put the CD in I got the opening screen,
selected Upgrade using the graphical interface. The
second screen appead and loaded the SCSI adaptor.  At
that point the computer froze.  I rebooted and went
through the same proceedure but this time I got the
check CD screen and it probed for my video card,
montor and mouse.  It then went to the FC2 main screen
when the computer froze again.  I know my computer is
compatible with the program but I'm having major
issues just upgrading.  It appears that I will
continue to use FC1 -- if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Mac