FC2 - keyboard won't work with SMP kernel

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed May 19 15:27:43 UTC 2004

I reported earlier today that after upgrading from FC1 to FC2, I could
no longer use my keyboard. Bummer!

I decided to do a fresh install, This didn't exactly fix the problem,
but it did pinpoint it more accurately.

It turns out that my keyboard will work with a up kernel (which I had
removed from FC1, so it didn't get upgraded), but not with the SMP
kernel.

Is there some kernel paramter that might get round this problem? Or
better yet, a fix?

I'm not very happy running with only 1 CPU instead of 4 - I might as
well use Microsoft, to get that kind of benefit!
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire