Re: clean install of FC2

mgargiullo warpdrive net wrote:

I backed up my laptop, and did a clean install of FC2 last night.  I like
to tinker, so I installed everything. When I awoke this morning, it had
installed and all was good in my world.  Then I tried to use the touchpad.
Don't get me wrong, I can move the pointer, and click on things using the
buttons, but I can no longer click by tapping the touchpad.  I sem to
remember there's a config setting for this, but for the life of me can't
remember where.  I googled, but came up with unhelpful links.

Other then the touchpad issue, the only thing I've seen is an occasional
freeze that requires a hard reboot to get out of.  It seems to happen
while using VI.  I'll keep track of it, and report it if need be.

Try adding "psmouse.proto=imps" to the kernel arguments in grub.conf entries and reboot. Works like a charm! I have single and double tap-to-click and scrolling working.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021