Re: Upgrade Error Can't Find /home

Avery wrote:

Trying to update a poweredge 2650 from FC1 to FC2. I have tried installing using both hard drive and cdrom methods. I
get an error when trying to upgrade.

error message:
------------------------------------
Error mounting device sda15 as /home: no such file or directory. This most likely means the partition has not been
formated.

This happens in the step where anaconda asks me if I would like to upgrade or do a new install. When I click on
upgrade and hit next I get this error, and then I am forced to reboot. If I click on new insall then I do not get any
errors. I did a md5sum on all iso's.

I had a similar error with my swap partition. It turns out that I had an extra, non-existent swap partition defined in my FC1 /etc/fstab. Once I removed the errant swap partition entry from /etc/fstab, the FC2 upgrade went very smoothly.

HTH.

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc^2 Computer Consulting