FC2 boot cd and disk1 fail on my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe based systems

David Vernon redhat at ladadee.com
Wed May 19 16:13:43 UTC 2004

I have two systems based on P4P800 Deluxe mobos that both fail to install from
the FC2 media. The MD5s are fine. Both systems boot to the FC2 menu and no
matter what I choose (linux text, hit enter, no hardware probe,...) I hear a 2
second sound sort of like the monitor switching resolution and rate then the
system re-boots.

Both boxes have SATA drives. After that and the mobos no two parts are the same.
One is nvidia and the other is ATI.

Any advice on how to start figuring out a problem that fails so catastrophically
with so little feedback would be appreciated. What are the proper channels to
feed this information back into the project. Workarounds?

Dave