..:: [ FC2 ] ::.. NON-CRITICAL config question.

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed May 19 16:47:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 12:34:15PM -0400, John Courie wrote:

> > Hi John,
> >
> > Please do not hijack threads.  Start a new email (not reply to another)
> > when you want to start a new topic.
>
> Umm, I started this thread.  So what do you mean by 'hijack'?

He means that you started it by replying to an old email, not by starting
a new email.

This means that your email contains "References:" and "In-Reply-To:"
headers and this it will be hidden deep within the original thread
for people using threaded email programs.

It's not really a big deal, but some of the people who are most likely
to be able to help you might not see your email if you accidently hide
it like that.

Dave...

--
  We are far too young and clever