Need adivce: moving from stock IMAP server to Cyrus IMAP. How hard is it?

My users like to keep 500 to 1000 messages in their mailboxes and average about 500K per message (we are a talent management company, so there is lots of multimedia being exchanged).
So far I have been running whatever came stock with FC1, so I have Postfix with WU IMAP running in that standard UNIX mailbox mode.

Can I keep Postifix and just change it to Cyrus IMAP style mailboxes and install Cyrus IMAP? Or do I have to start from scratch?
Fortunately I have only 10 users, so I will have to deal with about 10K in messages and about 150 sub folders.