i2o - howto install?

-=Brian Truter=- brian at famvid.com
Wed May 19 19:37:17 UTC 2004

Thank you Warren!

This procedure worked perfectly. A few warnings are displayed on screen, but
they seem to have been non-critical. The system rebooted perfectly. Thanks
for your help.

I installed the raidutils from http://i2o.shadowconnect.com but there seems
to be an issue with that.
I loaded the i2o_config module, then tested the raidutils with the command
"raidutil -L logical". Here is the info:

[root at fc2test root]# raidutil -L logical
Engine connect failed: COMPATIBILITY number
[root at fc2test root]# lsmod | grep i2o
i2o_config              9616  0
i2o_proc               40476  0
i2o_block              13600  7
i2o_core               39280  3 i2o_config,i2o_proc,i2o_block
[root at fc2test root]# l /dev/i2o/ctl
crw-------  1 root root 10, 166 Feb 23 15:02 /dev/i2o/ctl
[root at fc2test root]# rpm -q raidutils
raidutils-0.0.4-1