Promise RAID under Fedora Core 2?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed May 19 22:36:21 UTC 2004

Alexander,
     Well the origin of my desire to use the Promise raid
drivers was the dual boot issue. I have dealt with
at least two machines which had been preinstalled with
Windows for use as dual boot systems. As far as I know
the Promise BIOS level RAID has to be used for Windows
to actually do the RAID on such machines. So while on
Linux only boxes it won't be a big issue to regress back
to the Linux provided software RAID, on dual boot machines
this would break the Windows RAID (unless a software RAID
for Windows is available).
              Jack