Kdskbent invalid argument

david david at daku.org
Thu May 20 00:43:01 UTC 2004

Folks

For a variety of hardware constraints, I have been unable to "install" FC2,
but only to perform a yum upgrade to $releasever 2.

I also had to perform
  yum remove xsane-gimp  (on the old configuration).
This is a server, no GUI at all.

When I bootstrapped the new system I get the message at login

KDSKBENT: Invalid Argument
failed to bind key 255 to value 659

Furthermore, when I perform
  yum update
I get the message:

   conflict between libc-client and imap

Google reveals something in that search but not in a language I understand.

This is a crash-and-burn test machine; on my real machines I'm going to be
able to do full real installs.

Can anyone clarify the diagnostic?  It also occurs every time I log in as root.

David