nubie question: FC2 documentation

Frank Rehwinkel redback_frank at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 05:03:41 UTC 2004

Would someone be so kind and point me to
the FAQs and online documentation for FC2?  I think
I've read that the official FAQ will be coming out
later but if others are figuring out how to configure
their system, there's probably an online source other
than this mailing list.

For example, where to read about networking?  I've
been advised to setup a VPN with IPSec since CIPE was
removed from the Core.  And I'm trying to figure out
why my FC2 box doesn't see my Windows PCs on my local
network although they can ping each other.  It might
be as simple as letting the FC2 PC know what the
network neighborhood name is, but I haven't figured
out how to do that.  If things like this are covered
in a man or info page or something similar, a pointer
to a TOC or other starting point would be very useful.

The Help under the gnome startup menu doesn't seem to
offer much help with regard to networking.

I also looked to see if there was perhaps a
documentation package that hadn't been loaded yet to
cover system issues but that didn't appear to be the
case.

Finally a search of this fedora mailing list archives
found no real hits for 'documentation' so I'm thinking
everyone else knows something I don't about this
subject.

Thanks in advance,
-Frank