No Audio From Optical Discs

I'm able to play flac and other file formats fine, but cannot hear a CD play, nor can I rip a CD with cdparanoia (using grip). I can play a DVD using totem/xine, but can not hear any audio. Can someone please help me get the audio from my optical drives to my sound card?

Fedora Core 2--Brand New Install (couldn't get Debian to install)
Adaptec 39160
Plextor CDROM
Toshiba DVDROM
M-Audio Revolution 7.1 using analog outputs to stereo amplifier

I've adjusted all levels in the mixer to the maximum volume. I've did a few google searches and a lot of people seem to have the same problem, not with just this soundcard. It appears that I need a cable in addition to my SCSI cable running from my optical drives to my soundcard. That simply isn't possible here, take a look at the card:

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/revolution71/index.shtml

The same with their Audiophile 2496 as well:

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/maudioaudiophile/

If Linux can not play a CD without that cable than back to Windows I go. Thank you.