Fc2 is damn slow :(

davide dolcini at spirali.com
Thu May 20 06:58:41 UTC 2004

I'm using fc2 right now at work, i tried to install it at home (i
already have fc1 on a laptop and it works really fine) but i discovered
that the new distro is hopelessly slow...

I've a PIII 1000 with 256 Mb RAM and it's impossible to run fedora. Many
times kde crashes withouth reason, Mozilla starts in 10 (i'm not joking)
10 minutes...

I believe the problem is Xorg, anyone has an idea on how to optimize it?
In this way i can't simply use the laptop, it's the slowest machine i've
ever seen! :(