Apache 2.0.49 reading >2GB files.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Thu May 20 07:14:48 UTC 2004

>>I thought Apache 2 had LFS support from the outset?
>>

>No, it didn't.

Doh.  Ok, but there are third party patches for LFS even going back to
1.3.x tree.

 From : http://www.apacheweek.com/features/vendorversions

"Large File Support

Debian, Mandrake, SuSE, and SCO build Apache with Large File support, so
that on 32-bit systems Apache can use files larger than 2 gigabytes -
this is particularly useful for log files. Enabling LFS does slightly
change the Apache 1.3 binary module ABI, which can cause problems if
using binary modules built against a different version of Apache."

>Upgrade to an AMD64 box... or wait for httpd 2.2 (but don't hold your
>breath :).

Wouldn't I love to! 64 bit rocks!