nvidia and FC2

dalen dalen at czexan.net
Thu May 20 12:11:12 UTC 2004

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 10:09 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
>
>>>Ask NVIDIA, they're the only one entity who can help you.
>>

> No, they don't want to cooperate with the community of NVIDIA cards'
> users.
Nvidia does cooperate with nvidia card users by providing drivers for
linux/windows/etc.  The issue of binary -vs- gpl drivers is independent
of the issue of cooperation.  I for one am glad that nvidia provides
drivers so my kids can play Tux Racer:)  I would rather them provide gpl
drivers, but I respect their business decision.

I emailed nvidia and asked when a new driver for fc2 would be available
and received the answer below.

"We are aware of the poor interaction between our driver
and the 4kstack limitation in Fedora Core 2, and hope to release
a new driver soon.  I do not have an ETA at this point, though.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
- Andy Ritger"