[FC2] Possible X error

Jean Calixte jlc.bean at verizon.net
Thu May 20 16:11:22 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I've been trying get my computer to boot under FC2, but it won't work. First, I have to edit the boot command by removing the "rhgb" option just so I don't get a blank screen, and then as it's about to get to the login screen, the screen flickers and I get an error saying that X respawns too fast and will be disabled for 5 minutes. I've had this error in the past, but forgot which monitor to select during the install.

Is there a way to fix this problem without having to reinstall FC2? I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop running the ATI Mobility 128 driver. Any help is greatly appreciated.