Has this been hashed out yet: ASUS FC2 final?

Aaron Matteson fedora at cryptosystem.us
Thu May 20 17:33:11 UTC 2004

Randy Ramsdell became daring and sent these 0.6K bytes,
> ASUS motherboards will not work (I think it is the newer ASUS Mboards)
>
> Well just so happens my new system I built with an ASUS p4p800 and fc2
> will not install. This a known bug and is assigned, but I really find it
> hard to believe that the complete line os ASUS motherboards are
> incompatible with fc2. This has been known for awhile as it turns out.
>
> So far no luck on a work-around.

They are not, i am running FC2 on an Asus A7NX8 Deluxe mainboard. This
differs from yours a bit though, this is an nforce2 mainboard with
AthlonXP 2600+. But all installed and runs without incident.

Sounds like it may be something to do with the chipset on your mainboard
and some immature support for it. I have not looked into it, but i would
suggest taking a peek into the problem using google. There may be a
workaround or a patch that you can apply to improve support.

Good luck.

--