Finally got hold of FC2 now how to install it

Chris Stankaitis chris at beowulf.net
Thu May 20 17:03:44 UTC 2004

Vikas Kedia wrote:
> What jakub suggests is unfortunately not an option.
>
> Since the server has a 80 GB hard drive and all of it
> is currently one partition.
>
> Will either of the following two ideas work:
>
> A. I have my laptop running FC2 and it has the iso's
> on it. Can i do some kind of NFS install or network
> install from the laptop,

This will work fine, just make the iso's available vis NFS on the laptop
and install away... very speedy.

You'll need to grab a boot floppy but I am not 100% sure if Fedora has
boot disks anymore though, I moved to boot ISO's for Fedora/RHEL so I
didn't pay attention to floppy img's

If there is no boot floppy and since you can't use CD, then you'll have
to look into PXE and get that running up on your laptop to start off the
install.

Chris