Installation Hang with sym53c8xx SCSI Driver

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu May 20 18:03:16 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 20.05.2004 schrieb Gerald B. Cox um 18:33:

> When booting the FC2 CDROM 1 from my SCSI CDROM, the process hangs with
> this sort were reported in November, however it looks like the problem
> still exists.  I am using a TEKRAM SCSI card, and haven't had a problem
> with the boot process with Redhat 7.3, the 8 series, 9 or Fedora Core 1
> for that matter.  Obviously something has changed with FC2.  Does anyone
> know when this might get fixed.

Start the install process with "linux noprobe" on the anaconda boot
prompt. Then manually select as SCSI driver ncr53c8xx.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 20:02:01 up 7 days, 17:46, load average: 0.43, 0.65, 0.73
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]