RE: Thoughts and Questions On Yum, Up2Date. Etc.

> This has been discussed many, many, many, many, many, many times here.
> Please search the archives.

I know.  But the mirrors are still slow.

My point is this: Fedora would be a better product if the confusion about
up2date and yum and source lists was eliminated.  Users should be offered
a choice of updating installed software or adding new software from
official repositories. Unless  you're an admin, there should never be a
need to even know source lists exist. Something is wrong when an average
user asks a question about updating and is referred to a tutorial on
editing mirror lists.  Microsoft doesn't make users do this; neither
should RedHat.