Synaptics touchpad won't tap with FC2

I upgraded my Solo5300 from FC1 to FC2 today and lost the tap functionality on the touch pad. Whatever is happening gets the Synaptics hardware in a state where it won't even work with the "other" OS unless I power-cycle the notebook.

I don't know if it's related, but I also had xkb errors when ever I log in until I disabled it in XF86Config.

Any ideas what's going on?

Bill