rsync'ing fails?

Peter Smith peter.smith at utsouthwestern.edu
Thu May 20 20:17:45 UTC 2004

Actually, I was able to get the ISOs overnight without a problem using
BitTorrent -- our organization has no bandwidth problems.  I'm just
wondering if there is something wrong with rsync ..  It is as if the
other end just keeps resetting.  I've thought about writing a loop
around rsync so that it just restarts on failure.  Would this be logical
or is something bad actually happening?  This is my only concern--I'll
get the files sooner or later.

Peter