FC2: KDE won't start up due to shared library error

Brian Wright bdw at briandwright.com
Thu May 20 22:02:39 UTC 2004

I'm still having trouble with this. :(

It seems that after I add both /lib and /usr/lib to the top of
/etc/ld.so.conf, the problem persists.

I wonder if there's a missing package that could be contributing to
this.  I can't start xterm because of the following problem:

xterm: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7:
undefined symbol: XmuCvtGravityToString

Starting any KDE based app will always result in the following error:

gwenview: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: undefined symbol:
XkbSetPerClientControls

I did file a bug report on this, it's #123835