Re: Kernel 2.6 and the Epia M 10000 Motherboard

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 20:58, David Woakes wrote:

I did some extensive testing using kernel-2.6.5-1.358.

The i586 compiled rpm version of this kernel causes immediate reboots
after the kernel is booted with no errors or other output.

I installed the source for this kernel and used the config file for the
installed kernel-2.6.5-1.358. I started sticking for (;;) at various
places in init/main.c. After moving it down a few times without
getting
to a point where the machine rebooted instantly, I got bold and built
the kernel without any deliberate hang statements.

I was very suprised to find the kernel booted and proceeded normally to
the message Freeing Init Memory...., and then hung. (I have
experienced
the same problem with an Epia M 6000 motherboard with the 2.4 kernel,
though the 10000 motherboard is OK with the same Kernel).

Does booting with vdso=0 help ?
What glibc do you have ?

Dave
I forgot to add that this did not help kernel 2.4 or 2.6 to boot on the M 6000 motherboard, which still hangs after the freeing memory message.

David
--
t 0131 447 0509
m 07966 444 615