Re: cannot find -lselinux during kdemultimedia compile

Behold, Darrell Esau <Darrell Esau Sun COM> hath decreed:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to rebuild the kdemultimedia rpm package in FC2 :
>
> I've downloaded the source tarball from a KDE mirror (version 3.2.2)
>
> I put the source tarball into /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
>
> I installed the kdemultimedia-3.2.2-2.src.rpm from FC2.
>
> I went into the SPECS directory and edited the spec file
> (changed build_mpeglib to 1)
>
> then issued:
> rpmbuild -bb kdemultimedia.spec
>
> This gave me automake errors because it wanted to use automake 1.5 (KDE
> requires 1.6 or later), so in the specfile I changed the libtool variable
> from 1 to 0, then reran rpmbuild.
>
> Everything configured ok and it began to build.
>
> However, I'm now getting the error below.  It seems to be complaining about an
> SELinux library -- I'm not using SELinux (as far as I know -- I didn't
> manually install/request it).
>
> Any ideas?

Well either the rpm setup in fedora or the something in the build
process thinks it needs to link in libselinux. At any rate, a simple
way to solve this would probably be to install the libselinux and
libselinux-devel packages.

prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
"Every man is a mob, a chain gang of idiots."
                           - Jonathan Nolan, /Memento Mori/