RE: Thoughts and Questions On Yum, Up2Date. Etc.

> what?!?  slow?!?
>
> is slow 700kB/s at work and 150kB/s from home?  have you tried several
> mirrors to see what one is the fasted?

I've swapped off mirrors as necessary, I did that with FC1, too. Some
days one is slow, the other fast.

My point was, and is, that if RedHat ever intends to sell a shrinkwrapped
retail product they can't expect those customers to start editing config
files in order to make their updating tool work.  If they click on an
icon and nothing happens in 2 or 3 minutes, they'll assume it is broken.