No Sound

Well, I have Fedora up and running and almost everything went flawlessly. I guess I am out of luck with my Ethernet since I have HomePNA, so that isn’t the current issue. My problem right now is sound. When I first installed, and it went through that whole first time set up deal it detected my sound card and tested great. I heard the sound and everything was wonderful. Once I got into KDE and tried to play a CD I no longer get any sound. I went back to the automatic detection screen, and it didn’t play the test sound. I went into “alsamixer” in the command line, and turned everything up, yet still nothing. Using Kmix did the same thing. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

I have another question in regards to networking. What would be the best bet for a wi-fi 802.11b network card in terms of compatibility?

Thanks!