named won't start

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri May 21 00:15:41 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 21.05.2004 schrieb David Harris um 01:41:

> Small prob with named. I just RPMd it. Installed fine and runs fine in a
> chrootd env.
> Does'nt seem to wanna start on boot tho.
> question is not so much named, rather, which rc dir should i be looking at
> to edit?
> I have S45named as a symlink to /etc/init.d/named in rc3.d and rc.d/rc3.d

Use chkconfig for that, man chkconfig. That tools sets all necessary and
wanted symlinks in the runlevel directories.

> do i need to set ${ROOTDIR} in the named script? if ROOTDIR is already set,
> where can i find this variable setting?

/etc/sysconfig/named

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 02:13:54 up 7 days, 23:58, load average: 0.51, 0.70, 0.53
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]