3d Animation and video Editing

I am a huge linux fan and want to switch my entire computer system to linux based software. However, i have not found a 3d animation suite that compares to NewTeks Lightwave 3d or a video editing suite comparable to NewTeks VideoToaster or Adobe Premeire. If any one knows of a descent software package please let me know. The few I have found do not meet my needs.

John Chapman