FC2 Emacs very slow to load

This is a fresh install of FC2. There is a file that seems to be slowing down emacs when it is opened. When I type emacs foo at the prompt, the following file seems to bring emacs to a crawl:

This delay is around 5 seconds before the buffer is displayed in emacs. I have tried putting my old .emacs file in my /home/username directory, but that has no effect, because this file seems to be loading before my .emacs file is loaded.

I have tried inserting the line below, and that doesn't change things:
(setq inhibit-default-init t)

Does anyone else have these symptoms with emacs in FC2? This wasn't happening in FC1, and a Google search for the above file wasn't helpful, except to see that it is part of fedora.

Thanks,
Clint
--
Clint Harshaw  <clint penguinsolutions org>