FC2, eth0 doesn't find DHCP?

During boot-up, my eth0 card does not come up. I see my router lights
flashing as if it is calling out to DHCP. But, after a long period of time
it fails. I tried using the network configuration panel and the same thing
happens. It acts like a firewall is active and preventing the DHCP response
from coming back. But I deselected the firewall option during install.

I tried a static IP and gave the router as the gateway. But, I could not
reach any other system.

This was never a problem in FC1. I never had to do anything other than tell
it to use dhcp.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? My card is a Linksys FA310tx.

Mark