USB Flash stick

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Fri May 21 04:44:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:27:22AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> Chadley Wilson wrote:
> >Hi folks
> >
> >Just a question, Why is it that my flash stick formatted fat32 works on
> >all linux and Winoze systems, but no-one else's flash sticks will work.
> >they are all the same make. Tday I left mine at home and I have tried 7
> >others, 3 of which are also 256mb the same size as mine. I have even
> >reformatted a few with windows and linux.
<snip>

I have a 256M usbstick as well and I usually need to try every port in my
USB hub several times until finally one recognizes it as a valid device.
This is on both Win XP at work (hack,spit) and my home FC boxes. Not sure
what the problem is. I haven't tried it with FC2 Golden yet since it hasn't
finished installing yet (almost there!).

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca