Re: XCDRoast - FC2

Srinivasan S wrote:
Hello

I upgraded today to FC2 and am now having problems with XCDRoast.
XCDRoast detects my CDRW as both SCSI and ATAPI. By default ATAPi is selected .

When I press OK, I get a message that ATAPI is not suggested due to performance reasons and I should switch on SCSI-EMULATION. I did a google on this and found a doc which talks about using lilo.conf to setup scsi-emulation. My problem is I do not use lilo, I use grub.

Please help to enable SCSI-EMULATION:
1)  CDRW on /dev/hdd
2)  FC2 using GRUB

Thanks in advance
Srini

Well, xcdroast is primarily a graphical front-end for cdrecord.

And in the FC2 Release Notes, it says that there is new Linux support for ATAPI devices. xcdroast sees them as ATAPI:0,0,0 for example, and cdrecord will support either --dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 or --dev=/dev/hdc

My guess is that the warning from xcdroast is "out of date"....

No, I haven't tried it yet.... YMMV

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com