Local CUPS service not talking to main CUPS server

Background:

I have a fresh install of Fedora Core 2 on my machine and one local printer installed.  We have a central CUPS server running Fedora Core 1 which provides all the printers for our organisation.

Problem:

When I run the program printconf-gui it locks up until I restart the local cups service on my machine.  Once the gui finishes loading I'm still unable to browse the printers on the main CUPS server.  This was working in Redhat 9 and Fedora Core 1 previously.

There are a number of other computers running Fedora Core 2 which are experiencing the same problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers