Re: VI in FC2

Hi,

i had an other vi problem and tried installing vim-common.

Now my curserkeys work and pressing "i" says -insert- at the bottom.

regards

götz

WipeOut schrieb:

This may be a really stupid question but here goes..

When using VI in FC2 it does not show the mode in the bottom of the screen.. I mean when opening a file to edit you then hit insert and your should see "INSERT" on the bottom of the screen, hit insert again and you should see "REPLACE" on the bottom of the screen.. I don't see these..

Also it would appear that the backspace key doesn't actually delete anything...

Am I just loosing my mind? has VI changed? or is there something wrong with it?

Later..

--
Götz Reinicke
IT Koordinator - IT OfficeNet