Kernel 2.6 and the Epia M 10000 Motherboard

David Woakes david at mitredata.co.uk
Fri May 21 12:50:12 UTC 2004

Hi Aaron

I haven't been able to boot from the Rescue CD without getting an
instant reboot and no error messages.  I can boot a 2.6 Kernel compiled
with the gcc compiler on my own machine with the vdso=0 option.

At present I think this is because the Kernel on the cdroms is compiled
with another compiler, I used gcc version 3.3.2 20031022 (Red Hat Linux
3.3.2-1).

I'm now running a FC1 with Kernel 2.4 on a 6000 board.  This also
reboots immediatly when trying to boot from the FC2 Rescue disk.

When you initially run the CD up can you read what is displayed on the
console ?  I cannot, but hit return presuming to get the default
options, following which I get the reboot.

I'm presuming that the kernel/compiler is the issue since the test 2.6
kernel distributed with FC1 caused the same instant reboot, but when
recompiled with the same .config was OK.

Regards
David

--
t 0131 447 0509