mplayer +FC2

Silviu D Minut minutsil at cse.msu.edu
Fri May 21 13:54:39 UTC 2004

Is anybody using mplayer yet in FC2? I'm having problems that I didn't
have in FC1. I used to play anything using the defaults:

mplayer dvd://1

but now I get a very very dark image. Occasionally, I can see vague
objects in scenes with brighter spots, but overall is unusable.

I tried different video outputs, and I got good results with gl2:

mplayer -vo gl2 dvd://1

which makes me suspect it's a problem or some incompatibility with the X
server.

I have an onboard Intel 865G chip, (Driver i810) and
mplayer-1.0-0.10.pre4.1.fc2.fr from freshrpms.

Thanks!