FC1 -> FC2 via yum

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri May 21 14:49:32 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 21.05.2004 schrieb Gary Stainburn um 16:27:

> I seem to remember reading on this list about being able to upgrade a headless
> box from FC1 to FC2 using yum.  However, I can't seem to find the post in
> question.
>
> Could people give me their opinion on using this setup, as well as any
> instructions on how to do it.

> Gary Stainburn

The one who successfully did a yum dist upgrade just made a yum.conf
which points to the FC2 repositories and the did run "yum -c
fc2-yum.conf upgrade". Maybe it is a good suggestion to stop services,
you do not need while processing, before you upgrade, to avoid some
circumstances.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 16:46:16 up 8 days, 14:30, load average: 0.78, 0.91, 1.06
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]