nvidia and FC2

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri May 21 14:50:43 UTC 2004

 On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 08:25 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> Since all we have is *ONE LINE* of text, it's rather silly to argue
> intentions, corporate philosophy, and the fate of the world based on this,
> don't you think?

If they provided the freedoms required to be Free Software, none of us
would be having any trouble, don't you think?

But they forbid you the freedom to run the software for any purpose
(MACROVISION), they forbid you the freedom to study and modify it to
your needs (correct 4k stack compatibility problem), they only allow
pristine redistribution for GNU/Linux (no FreeBSD dudes... you're out of
luck), and they forbid publishing improved versions.

So where do you end now?

Rui